Monday, December 20, 2010

Finding Your Chazown

Craig Groeschel is the pastor of lifechurch.tv, a multi-campus church that uses live streaming to broadcast sermons around the country. He has been the pastor of Life Church since 1996, when he started it. With many written books and hundreds of online video sermons under his belt, I love to listen to him. When I hear him, I can just feel God using him to speak to me.

This last week, I have watched many videos and read parts from most of his books. In Groeschel's book Chazown, he talks about a how people and individuals need a Chazown, which is Hebrew for vision, or dream. He quotes Proverbs 29:18, which says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish." The point and theme of the book is to show readers what their life's purpose is. It's a book that shows you your core values, spiritual gifts, mission statement, life's purpose, and what you need to be doing in your life right now. I particularly enjoyed when Craig helped me find my core values, which led to me discovering what my spiritual gifts are. The best part is the online helper. There's an entire website for this book, complete with a six-step process designed to discovery your Chazown. I absolutely loved the online experience because through the six steps, I slowly became to realize what career God may be calling me to pursue. At the very least, I realized what my core values were and what truly, deeply, really makes me tick.

Pick up his book at your local Christian book store or go to http://www.chazown.com/ to do the study for yourself. (you don't need to read the book before doing this study, I didn't, but reading the book helps).  I suggest you check it out! It's changed my perception of myself.

No comments: