Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Is My Dream?

Once we become God's children, He blesses us with holy ambitions spiritual gifts. He gives us a dream or a passion and then gives us what we need to fulfill it. Do you see this in your life?

I've begun to recognize my gifts. I'm a good writer, I love to speak in front of crowds, I've got a hunger for God's word, I have a huge thirst for worship, and I love being around other Christians. My problem is that I don't really know what God's dream for my life is. A person with my gifts could just as easily become a preacher as he could become an inspirational speaker or a be a teacher at a college or work at a Christian radio station... or something else. To be honest, I don't know what God wants me to do yet. I've felt a call to be a pastor. But I'm not sure on that yet. I've got a really strong passion and would love to work with Christian radio. Whatever career God calls me to, writing has to be a part of it; it's too much a part of my identity for me to let it go. And I love to speak. I feel so comfortable, so at home, up on stage. I see all my gifts, but I don't know my dream.

Maybe you're struggling with the same thing. Maybe you have all kinds of gifts and passions, but you don't have a dream to pour it into. Right now, I'm pouring it all into my relationship with God. I write, I listen to music, I speak, only to glorify His name. I do none of it to bring attention to myself. Maybe that's why I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me. I want to be unleashed to serve God in every way possible. Nothing feels better than when you know you're doing exactly what God wants you to do! There's peace, excitement, joy, and satisfaction; all wrapped into one! I don't say this pridefully or selfishly, but I'm so excited to see what God will do through me. I feel God preparing me for something huge, and I can't wait to see what it is. I'll accept whatever God calls me to, whether it's missionary work in tiny villages in Mexico, or starting a spirit movement in Nashville, or whatever it is!

However, the teen years as years to build, prepare, and be ready for the rest of my life. No matter what God wants me to do, I need to prepare for it right now. I believe that I am. Can you say the same?

No comments: