Monday, October 24, 2011

Be A Trader

Have you ever thought about how you want people to remember you? What do you want your legacy to be?


That's a question I've been asking myself lately. As I've gotten near the end of high school, I've asked myself what I want my legacy to be. As you'll see in tomorrow's post, it's a dangerous question to ask. It may lead you to change who you are. But I encourage you to ask it: How do I want to be remembered?


What are the things about your reputation in high school you want to be most memorable? Your humor? Your smile, nice hair, and nice clothes? Your basketball skills? The cute guys you dated? Your ACT/SAT score? The car you drove? How nice you were to the lonely kids? How involved with church you were? The parties you went to? What do you want to define you? Because like it or not, the things you do the most will define you. If you joke around a lot, your friends will remember your humor, whether it's good or bad. If you volunteered each weekend at the local food bank, people will remember your humble attitude of servitude. If you played football for all four years, that's something that everyone knows about you. If you become a model employee at the place you work, people notice your hard work, dedication, and maturity.


Things like these become part of your identity and that's what people will remember you for. So ask yourself, Is what you're doing what you want to be remembered for? If not, I encourage you to change what you're doing.

Watch this video: 

http://youtu.be/MiAh3lYo6k4

I encourage you to trade your life in. Find real life. Pursue Christ. Live out your faith. Be a Trader. Let that be your reputation. That that be your legacy.

I want my short time here to have an eternal impact. Will you be a Trader with me?

1 comment:

Shay said...

Hmmm, a rebelutionary and now also a trader...sounds like a great combo to me! I'm in! =)