Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Series!!!

Hey guys! I know it's completely out-of-character for me to write a post like this, but I had to tell you guys that I'm so excited to announce that I'm going to be writing a new series titled, Replacing the Trash. In my last post, Captivating Yet Corruptive Trash, I wrote that what goes in your heart will come out. Thus, if you put trash in your heart, trash comes out. And vice versa with good: if you put good in your heart, good will come out.

But I realized that while I wrote about the concept of trash in, trash out, I never really talked about what we should do about it. So I am going to write a four part series about removing the trash with God. So while it may be true that you need to stop listening to explicit music, you can't just altogether stop listening to music. You need to replace the evil that you take out with good, or else you'll go back to the evil. Replacing the Trash will talk about replacing bad music with Christian music (I'll talk about the best Christian bands of each genre of music), waiting verses teen dating (why teen dating can be dangerous and how to fill the romance hole in your heart with God), identity (how to find our identity, beauty, and worth in God), and friends (who you should surround yourself with).

Are you excited?? I know I am! I can't wait to write the first post and hope to have that done by the end of the weekend. Thanks for reading and commenting!

6 comments:

Shay said...

Sounds great! can't wait. Definitely excited. =D

Daniel G said...

sounds good im looking foward to it.

Essa said...

Your post sounds exactly like a song on a CD I just got. Garbage in, Garbage Out by Tal and Acacia on their album Wake Me. They are a great little known Christian band of two sisters. I think you might find it useful.

Logan Vaughan said...

I've heard of Tal and Acacia! I'll definitely look at that songs, thanks Essa!

Ashley said...

Hey! Wow! I haven't been on in forever. I have a lot of catching up to do! This series sounds great! I can't wait to see what cool stuff God shows you!

Logan Vaughan said...

Yeah! This place has felt lonely without you! Glad you finally decided to revisit my little corner of the internet lol :P