Friday, February 25, 2011

Me vs. the World

One of the most dangerous mentalities a Christian can have is "me vs. the world." I know Christians with this mindset. They put too much focus and energy on themselves. They are deceived into believing they are the only Christians or that they are the only ones making a difference. They believe they are “God's gift to the world.” The irony is that they are unwittingly working for the devil.

I used to think it was “me vs. the world.” I knew other Christians, but I felt like I was the only one “making a difference.” I thought I was a super-Christian. Pride blocked me from seeing the contributions other Christians made to the cause. Arrogance led me to judge who was and wasn’t a Christian. I thought I could do everything and that I would never do anything wrong. As I aspired to be one of the "best" Christians, I thought I knew it all. I was wrong.

Arrogance and pride deceived me, and I am ashamed of that. I am humbled by the lessons I learned. Godly friends mean more to me now than ever before. No longer do I take relationships for granted. I know that I cannot face the pressures of the world on my own. I need others in my life to encourage me, fight with me, help me grow, and to love me. I need others to keep me accountable, to teach me, to show me how to live. I

It's impossible to survive in this world without each other. Please don’t waste your life believing the lie. You cannot do it on your own.

“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I had been wondering what you were going to say about my last post... thanks for the comment :)

Shay said...

Wow I have to say I went through a time when I thought "huh friends who needs them?" When I found true christian friends who were really there for me I changed or actually I should say God changed my mind! I don't know what I would do without my few close friends. They uplift me in the Lord and set my straight when I am wrong and I try to do the same for them. Its wonderful to have like minded, God lover friends! =)