Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Song- You Won't Relent

(Post 5 in a series on songs)


You Won't Relent by Misty Edwards

Those who enjoy current worship music have likely heard of Misty Edwards. She is gaining popularity in Nashville. I know a guy who sings exactly like the male vocalist in this song, and he teams up with my youth pastor's wife to lead worship in youth. It's so cool!

I love how beautifully this song describes the qualities of God. "You won't relent until you have it all. My heart is Yours." I find great security in this song. It says that God won't stop pursuing us. It says God won't give up on me. It speaks of God's great love. "For there is love that is a strong as death, jealousy demanding as the grave. Many waters cannot quench this love." God's love is unquenchable! Nothing can put it out, end it, curb it, or lessen it! God's love is stronger than the power of death. He is such a jealous God that if we don't love Him back, He cannot let us into heaven. How powerful is that!

No comments: